Saturday, January 22, 2011

Getting ready to open

Saturday, January 22

Here we are at the last weekend of rehearsals - we open next Friday! Today for 5 hours, tomorrow for 5 hours and then we begin technical rehearsals on Monday. So, in addition to ratcheting up the tension in all the scenes, it's time to finish collecting all the props and settle on the costume choices. AT some point in the next 48 hours, the lighting and sound will also get finished. (Maybe some little elves will come in and do that for me.)




While all this is going on, there's also work going on for the next show, Boston Marriage. I've been working with Actors Equity, and the contracts are finally done for the two actors coming up from New York to do the show. And I finally found a piece of furniture I've been searching for - a loveseat in a distinctly Arts Nouveau style. A simple drive down to Portsmouth - and it sits in my car waiting for other furniture pieces to keep it company.

I've also been talking with James Handy from Los Angeles about the final show of the season. I've decided to change the last show. It will now be The Drawer Boy, by Michael Healey. It's an amazing play - more about it later. The real news is that Jim and I will both be acting in the production! We'll share the directing duties. Soon I'll find someone to play the young boy who gets involved with these two old farmers.  Lots more to tell you about all of this.

Off to rehearsal for five hours. It's going to be an exciting day!

No comments:

Post a Comment