Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Closer and closer

Every day that I go in to the theatre to work on the set, I'm struck by the fact that we are going into our fifth season. What started out as an "I don't really feel like retiring" impulse has turned into this very real thing with a very real purpose. The idea that all of these people are interested in what we do is simply astounding. Never something that I'll take for granted.

Here's what's going on at the theatre. I'm still working on the set, and hoping I can get it done before rehearsals begin on the 19th. The big challenge is to make a Brooklyn loft appear on a stage. Damn you, Donald Margulies for writing a play that needs a kitchen! But I'm making headway, and it looks like tomorrow is going to be a painting day, with some time to hang the other door and maybe even cut and install some molding.  Outside of set work, I'm collecting props and stuff - but mostly continuing to reread and study the wonderful script. Can't wait to start creating. Then I'll really have something to write about.

One door hung and level enough for me.

Kitchen counter almost ready to paint.

This door needs a knob and a bunch of locks - it's New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment