Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Shaker Bridge Theatre




Just got back from an Annie Baker marathon in Boston . . . all three of her plays in one day! I have become a big fan of her work, and it was thrilling to see these productions.


I was somewhat anxious about seeing a production of Circle Mirror Transformation done by a large, well-funded professional theatre, but the SBT (a small, poorly-funded professional theatre) production of this play stands up very well. I loved the Boston production that I saw, and I loved our production as well.

The Aliens is a very quiet, funny and tender play, that I found very moving. I ended up feeling great affection and compassion for these three losers.

Body Awareness is one of those plays that gave me a lot to think about after spending a couple of very funny and entertaining hours with these people.

It was a thrilling day in three theatres, and I'm back energized and psyched to start rehearsals next Monday!

- Bill Coons, Producing Artistic Director

No comments:

Post a Comment